Subject: [Leica] The cat came back...
From: mitch.zeissler at verizon.net (Mitch Zeissler)
Date: Sat Sep 25 19:25:32 2004

Jim...

I agree mostly with what others have already posted to you, and will offer
another aspect of critiquing creative work from afar.

Most folks really don't want to hear constructive criticism about their work
and get pretty well steamed about it when they receive comments they feel
are overly harsh.  Especially with e-mail-based criticism, where the
traditional conversation feedback mechanisms (eye contact, voice, body
movements, etc.) are lacking.  This, in my experience, can lead to
misunderstandings and hostility, among other things.

So I look at all work that's posted here and generally pass by without
comment, other than an occasional "nice" or "good shot".

But you specifically asked, so here goes.  Your latest made me chuckle and I
thought it was cute.  That's the subjective part.  As for the objective
part, it's hard to make out detail in their faces and that area would
benefit from being lightened a bit.  For a posed snapshot, the rest of it
looks fine.  If it were my photo, would I want to have it as a framed print
on my desk?  Probably, because it would strike an emotional chord with me.
Would I post it for others to critique?  Likely not, because it lacks
context for non-family viewers.

Regards,

Mitch