Subject: [Leica] Re:OT: external hard disk size
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue Mar 29 00:27:05 2005

> The size of the disk does not matter. Mission critical servers use massive
> HDD's (Terabytes in size) and suffer no consequences.

I disagree. Mission critical servers use RAID arrays of multiple disks. And
size does matter. A bigger disk has different sector geometry, higher
recording densities, and is more vulnerable to imperfections and dust.

The biggest disk available on the market today is about 0.5 Terabytes.

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Re:OT: external hard disk size)
Reply from creativevisions at verizon.net (Michael J Herring) ([Leica] Re:OT: external hard disk size)