Subject: [Leica] Re:OT: external hard disk size (Nathan Wajsman)
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Mon Mar 28 11:01:50 2005

 >This question is directed mainly to Brian, who previously has stated
that buying hard disks larger than 250 GB was an iffy proposition. I do
not remember why, but more importantly: is this still the case? I >am
about to install my second external HD, a 250 GB Maxtor unit, but in the
future I would obviously like to go to larger sizes so as not to fill my
desk with hard disks. TIA, Nathan

Natham

A friend of mine who shoots mainly fashion with a couple of EOS 1Ds is
using a LaCie 1000 Gigas -a Terabyte?- external backup hard disk and
he's truly satisfied. Price seems to be OK but I haven't felt the
necessity as I have two internal hard disks of 250 Gigas and it's just
enough for me.

Felix