Subject: [Leica] Joshua Tree re-visited
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Mar 25 09:37:12 2005

Mike,

I really like the 100 APO on the 1Ds. It's the lens that is most often
on the camera when I'm shooting flowers, etc. The 24-70L is the
next-most used.

The only issue you have with the 100 APO is the lack of automatic
diaphram - so you have to focus wide-open and then stop down. That's
easy to get used to. You don't have the readout in the view finder of
the aperture but that's okay - you do have the shutter speed.

The 100 APO is actually SMALLER than the 24-70L which is a massive lens.

This weekend I'm going to mount the 35-70 Leica zoom and see how it
does. Since I mostly shoot wide-open I think it'll just work.

Adam

Replies: Reply from creativevisions at verizon.net (Michael J Herring) ([Leica] Joshua Tree re-visited)
Message from creativevisions at verizon.net (Michael J Herring) ([Leica] Joshua Tree re-visited)