Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 10: A stroll in Paris, violating French laws...
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Mar 25 00:26:05 2005

I hate it when work intrudes on my photography. I am behind in both
posting and viewing. But hopefully this long weekend will help.

Monday last week I had some meetings in Paris. I took advantage of the
opportunity and flew there on Sunday. The weather was nice, the city was
not too crowded, and I enjoyed a nice afternoon. I have heard about the
very strict French laws regarding photographing strangers etc., but I
resolved to ignore them as much as possible...

The ten pictures I have chosen are presented in chronological order, so
you can follow my steps (my favourites are actually the last two
images). Technical data and more precise place indications are given
below the thumbnails table as usual.

I landed at CDG and stepped outside for a smoke. Camera always ready,
even though this is not the most welcoming part of Paris:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_10.jpg

I took the train and metro to St. Michel and walked along the Seine. The
area around Notre Dame is of course one giant tourist trap, so I was
looking for little details instead:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_10alt1.jpg

I continued walking away from the river, planning to end the afternoon
in the Jardin du Luxembourg. On the way, I took in life in the little
streets and squares of the 5th arondissement:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_10alt2.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_10alt3.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_10alt4.jpg

I arrived at the entrance of the Jardin and sat down for a coffee
outside, next to an outdoors book shop, and photographed the browsers:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_10alt5.jpg
This is the shopkeeper keeing an eye on things:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_10alt6.jpg

Finally, I entered the Jardin du Luxembourg, which was full of people on
this lovely Sunday. Some were reading:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_10alt7.jpg
and many were engaged in that traditional spring pastime that we so
associate with Paris:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_10alt8.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_10alt9.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2005.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands