Subject: [Leica] Crufts 2005 Album - and PAW response
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu Mar 24 10:51:31 2005

Richard - and others who have wondered,

> TIn the first I'd be tempted to crop the
> shot a bit below the dog, though.  The dog food bag distracts, at least
> to my eye, from the wary expression on the boy's face.
>
>> This week's PAW.

At the risk of taking up too much LUG space...
The reason that I didn't take the bag out is because it gave me several
things
that I wanted:

(i) A strong line going bottom right from the bag to top left through the
dog's back
(ii) A marker as where and when it was taken
(iii) quite a strong element but not enough to overwhelm the other two
(iv) the ability to use it as a free-standing shot which wasn't just "boy
and
dog" (FOM2?)

I haven't taken BD's class, but I couldn't re-arrange the elements I had to
get
what I could and am resonably satisfied with what I got.

Same goes for the man and dog. It was there I got what I could
surreptitiously -
and then talked to him. I didn't want it posed.

Thanks for the comments.

Peter

Message from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Crufts 2005 Album)