Subject: [Leica] I'm getting married she explained
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Mar 21 22:15:22 2005

bill harting showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] I'm getting married she explained

>> We went out to lunch. I'm getting married, she explained.
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album93/MM1a
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album93/MM4a
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album93/MM5a
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album93/MM7a
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album93/MM8a
>>
>> and our gracious hostess:
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album93/MM9a

Hi Bill,
A good set of photographs indeed, certainly capturing an exciting moment in
this young lady's life.  And if they were all crispy Leica sharp you'd have
lost the exciting news this girl is explaining in her excitement and hand
movements.

Every picture doesn't have to be ticky tacky crispy sharp to be good, some
can stand a slight slow shutter speed blur. After all don't we deliberately
use slower shutter speeds sometimes in sports to capture the action motion?
No difference here in her motion, particularly when we know she's excited
about getting married. It actually adds to the emotional feeling of the
pictures.

Good for shooting it in this fashion, although I assume it was a low light
scene and you didn't have much choice but to use a slow shutter speed.
Others might have said  .... "oh I can't shoot this she moving too much!" Or
worse, used a damn twinkie flash and blown away all the excitement of the
girls actions.

>The pictures are not all sharp. She was an animated subject
> who refused to pose, or slow down. Something about the excitement. The
> restaurant was dark, I was shooting at probably 2.8 at a 15th, I don't
> remember (it was last week, after all). When I printed them yesterday, to
> my
> eye some of the not-quite-sharp results contained enough personality to
> become keepers.  http://gallery.leica-users.org/album93/MM4a is closest to
> being sharp.<<<

Quite frankly for my money you did a damn fine job capturing the exciting
moments of this conversation. And certainly the girls excitment.
ted

Replies: Reply from wharting at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] I'm getting married, she explained)
Message from wharting at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] I'm getting married she explained)