Subject: [Leica] Last Days of Winter
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Mon Mar 21 12:02:37 2005

re. http://www.archiphoto.com/Various/VanWinter/source/1.htm

In this particular case, I have many times tried to capture
my feelings about the coming of spring, with shots of blooms
(trees, branches) agains the sky.  I have worked the theme
in different lights (and found some that convey my feelings well),
but my photos just don't work.   When I saw yours, I knew
immediately why it works for me:  the building acts as an anchor
and makes the photo.  I might do things differently, (perhaps
showing less of the building), but the gist of it is there.

I won't post my previous attempts, as I am not in the habit of showing
my failures  :-).  And I will try to come up with new ways to work the
theme,  but in the meanwhile, please forgive me if a very similar
photo should show up in my portfolio.  :-)   It will be known as "the
picture Henning taught me how to make, even though he may not
know it"   :-)

- Phong

Replies: Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] Last Days of Winter)