Subject: [Leica] Iraq occupation protest - Chicago 3/19/05
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Mar 21 06:17:03 2005

Mark, Feli...
Nothing imagined...I do have an FBI file. When I was about 12 in addition to
having a darkroom I had an extensive chemistry set...I was making rockets
and sending them out over Lake Michigan when a neighbor reported me and
Chicago's Finest swooped down and confiscated everything. The local
newspaper had a headline "Police Raid Bomb Factory" and my fate was sealed.
I was living at home when this particular interview took place..at the time
I was a full time student, performing musician, an employee at the Harris
Bank, a cab driver and a full time Chicago Cub Bleacher Bum. The FBI guys
were actually ok...I was not intimidated at all...(Mark is right on about
the paranoia of the day) After being shown the pictures I was asked about my
involvement with the "movement" I gave them an honest answer...that my
involvement was mainly for the "girls and the dope" My mother who was
standing by gasped! (Interview was at home) I went on to say that I was
generally non political (to my shame possibly but true) and that I counted
both Hippies and a few Cops among my friends...I'm sure the FBI was somewhat
familiar with my activity and could see I was far too busy to get involved
with any Movement...As I said they were friendly and down to Earth....not
the least bit intimidating nor patronizing. I did on occasion continue to
have brief interviews, which by a thread I could trace back to my Bomb Lab
when I was 12...I would not doubt that I was investigated as being the Una
Bomber...who BTW went to the same high school as my "ex" In Evergreen Park,
Ill.