Subject: [Leica] Digital cameras with large aperture lenses
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Mar 19 18:48:41 2005

Yes, I remember the vignetting issues... and the tests you did.  What is a
surprise to me is the aperture issues....  It makes sense.

Now if this were a NASA program, they would calculate the inherent
vignetting, then put on a digital filter to even out the field.  Which is
what I remember someone having said about some camera or another.
basically, with a reduction in overall dynamic range ( because you are using
up some to do the compensation) you can get vignette free photos.  Just
plain flat gray.  The issues is to set up the compensation for each lens
separately.  Seems this could be done pretty easily in PS.   To add the F
stop compensation, you would need to be sure of the lens used at each shot
as well as the shooting aperture.  Back to St. Ansel's recording of each
shot and its shooting specs.

Is there any actual work done to make this feasible in an easy way?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net