Subject: [Leica] More on Pushing C-41 films
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Mar 19 13:31:22 2005

At 04:56 AM 3/19/2005, Peter Dzwig wrote:
>Shot off a roll at 1600, took it down to TWO local developing shops and
>got the same reply: "can't do it, can't put it through the machine on
>anything other than the standard processes - take it to a pro shop"

The conventional wisdom is that neg film can stand -2/-3 stops of
underexposures so you can compensate in printing. Even the JOBO
instructions warn that "pushing" film not meant for pushing will get
difficult to print neg due to color balance, contrast and grain.
Nevertheless, they recommend 15% more development time for every stop of
pushing.

I tried pushing ASA800 neg once and it looks horrible :-) The Superia 1600
looks much better.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Pushing C-41 films)
Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] More on Pushing C-41 films)