Subject: [Leica] Art directors use synecdoche all the time
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 16 13:27:56 2005

In a message dated 3/16/05 11:25:09 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

I  believe the original lister of this thread wondered how 'synecdoche' is
pronounced. I've heard it as

sin-EK-dock-ee.

Stan  Yoder
Pittsburgh

Stan,

I wouldn't even dare try to pronounce that word. I'm satisfied that I know
what it means.
One thing's sure. It isn't going to be on the SAT, nor will you find it on
lists of poetry devices. Art directors use synecdoche all the time, but they

provide the key to it with written copy.

Best,
Bob

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Art directors use synecdoche all the time)