Subject: [Leica] Almost got arrested for this one
From: max_weisenfeld at verizon.net (Max Weisenfeld)
Date: Sun Mar 13 12:32:36 2005

> Sorry mate, "Nope!" Now if you can tell me what the motivating moment was
> to take this picture, like what do you really see here? What was the main
> reason for making this exposure. Like what grabbed you in the gut and you
> respond... "Yeah that's what I want!"

I liked the angles moving toward the vanishing point, and the tonality.
Train wasn't moving, so I couldn't get motion, and I didn't know that NJT
had the same ban as the MTA, so no, I wasn't trying to make a point or stage
a protest.

> Or why do I have the feeling this was just a test to see if the cops came
> after you for making an "exposure of some kind?" And if that's the case
> why bother it's just wasting your time messing with any of this security
> stuff. Simply because anyone who does is missing a few bricks of a full
> load. Besides you'll never win the cops have all the cards and they have
> them marked with pictures!

Which is why I won't being taking any more pictures of mass transit!

> Really, if this is the best you can do, once again I feel bad about being
> the blunt in your face comment guy! Sell your camera or use your
> imagination to make something out of this train thing... like a slow
> shutter speed and capture the blur of the train flying along..
>
> Or if this is "mass transit? Where are the masses in transit? However, I'm
> going back to the cops and you just did this to see if you could get away
> with it. Right? Fess up now and we wont squeal on you. ;-)

Thanks for the comments.  Really.

Max

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Almost got arrested for this one)