Subject: [Leica] new way to wash film
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Wed Mar 9 19:01:05 2005

I've used all sorts of washing devices and washing aids.  Even used Ilford's
water conserving methods.  But I tried a new way of washing film this week
that I've never done before.

Cotton/sturdy, spin, and fabric softener.  For good measure, dried on medium
heat to normal dry.

:)

I tossed the roll.  Decided it wasn't worth seeing if anything was
salvageable.  That's the first time I've left a roll of exposed film in my
jeans and not taken it out before I stuck 'em in the washer.  Chalk it up to
being tired and realizing I needed clean clothes sooner than later.  Since I
develop 4 rolls at a time, I don't want to take the chance that roll is
contaminated with fabric softener and will screw up the other 3 that haven't
been treated like that.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/