Subject: [Leica] Early 35 'cron
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Bob Palmieri)
Date: Wed Mar 9 17:51:35 2005

Folks -

When I was up in Rochester in the 70's I studied "Modern Camera Design"
(as they called the course) with a heavy guy from Kodak named Rudolph
Kingslake. I recall that he was quite enamored of that 8 element 35
'cron.  In fact, he wrote the chapter on lenses in the Encyclopedia of
Photography, and I believe he used more photographic examples from that
particular lens than any other.

I also recall that the MTF charts seem to indicate that it outperforms
the 4th gen stopped down, but is considerably worse wide open.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Early 35 'cron)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Early 35 'cron)