Subject: [Leica] Advice needed on 35mm lens for Leica M
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Tue Mar 8 16:02:25 2005

I can only comment on 2 35's for the M. The first is the Tri Elmar: at
35 this lens seems to be at its best, but its not really a replacement
for the Summicron. The other is the 35 Summilux asph. and this is a
fabulous lens. Bokeh is hard to define, but I have never felt unhappy
with the in or out of focus areas rendered by this lens. I was steered
away from its pre-asph cousin. I have a 35 Summicron for the R: its
also superb.

Alastair