Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 9: Not just snow
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Mar 7 21:57:37 2005

Yes, you will have some pictures of our rare Dutch winter wonderland,
but first a couple of the people in my life.

Felix da Silva is one of our neighbours. He and his partner live two
houses away with their three cats. Felix is a well-known fashion
photographer, and he came over one evening to show us some of his work
and tell some "war stories". Since I have little interest in the world
of fashion and the associated photography, I let Felix talk to my wife
while I snapped some images:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_9.jpg

Alla is a second cousin of mine. We were quite close as children (we are
exactly the same age) but had lost contact in recent years. Alla was
born and grew up in Odessa in the then Soviet Union (now Ukraine), and
she and her family emigrated to Israel during the 1980s. She is an opera
singer and now lives in Houston with her husband, who also sings opera.
We had not seen each other for 27 years, until she stopped by last
week--she had been visiting her father in Israel and was on her way
home, with a 4-hour stopover in Amsterdam. I met her at the airport and
we went into the city. She is most certainly not a cold-weather person:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_9alt1.jpg

And now some winter images from around here. My cat checking out what is
happening outside, from his favourite position:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_9alt2.jpg

A canal near my house:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_9alt3.jpg

Frozen weeds:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_9alt4.jpg

And finally my poor motorcycle, which I had left uncovered, thinking I
would be riding it to work now that we were in March and spring was coming:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_9alt5.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2005.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands