Subject: [Leica] was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Sun Mar 6 13:51:29 2005

To me, and to be serious for once, its all a matter of editing. To
point the camera in a direction is editing. To crop after the fact is
editing. To choose an aperature can be editing unless there is simply
not enough light. To change the exposure in a RAW file is editing. To
dodge and burn in the darkroom is what? Yes, editing. To me editing is
simply a matter of making a choice during the act of creating a
picture so that that picture is how I like it.

I have to agree with B.D. though, to get it right the first time is
one goal. To me its mainly a goal because I am lazy. There's nothing
wrong with being lazy if it means that I take precautions to be *able*
to be lazy. Bad lazy would be not even going out and shooting.

Cheers,

Dave

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 16:15:48 -0500, Tina Manley <images@infoave.net> wrote:
> At 01:45 PM 3/6/2005, you wrote:
>
> >what one is then doing is not photographing per se, but
> >grabbing elements with a camera to later try to turn them into something
> >in the darkroom.
>
> And that is not photography?  ;-)
> There have been many well-known photographs that started on film but were
> actually created in the darkroom.

Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] was Multiple Bodies, now cropping-phooey!)