Subject: [Leica] Re: Is that so wrong?
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sat Mar 5 12:57:20 2005

feli wrote:

> Someone mentioned that they went to a photo show where
> they saw heavily
> photoshopped images being judged along side more traditional photos. I
> felt that they were
> two different things and should be divided into separate categories.

I was the person who mentioned that.  Not only were they very heavily
photoshopped (or something), they were also mixed media...some of them
with glass, oil, acrylics, wood, metal, etc.

My gut reaction, on first seeing them, was that they could have been
called something else...mixed media would do quite nicely as a
description.  But, to my eye and sensibility, they were not what one
would expect to find in a "photography show."

So, perhaps new categories are in the making!  But, this isn't all that
new, as I recall....

Ken Frazier
Weston, CT USA