Subject: [Leica] Re: Is that so wrong?
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Mar 5 11:05:35 2005

Feli:

>You lose the competition. People are simply awed by the perfection and
>impact of your competitors photoshopped entry. The haunting, un-natural
>beauty of the woman in the picture is deemed brilliant and he is hailed
>a photographic genius. You point out that the magical glow that
>envelops her is actually the result of the highlights being keyed off
>the original, blurred and then screened back on top of the original
>image. You are branded jealous and a sore loser.

Since when did art become a competitive sport?  :)

If you've created a masterpiece, is it any less of a masterpiece if others
don't appreciate it or show it the same reverence that you do?

If we're going to have competitions where the results really matter, then we
need to make sure the playing ground is equally level.  Everybody has to use
the same equipment and shoot the same subject at the same time.  Everybody
has to have their results processed the same.  Otherwise, something is going
to be unequal or unfair.

Ask five photographers for opinions, and you'll end up with six.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Re: Is that so wrong?)