Subject: [Leica] How to make conventional photography unconventional
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Mar 5 10:18:52 2005

Bob, I think that one of the reason that many people think of you as a troll
is that questions like this are prima facie preposterous. How could anyone
who is not in the notoriously secretive film manufacturing industry know
what is realistic and what isn't.

If I had ASA3200 B&W film that had the same resolution as Tech Pan, the same
tonal range and highlight and shadow performance as Tri X, that could be
developed at my corner drugstore or in my darkroom, at my choice, I'd
probably use it for another 5 to 10 years. Is it realistic? How the frog
should I know?

Ditto for color film.

Replies: Reply from chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown) ([Leica] Not a PAW, but an image in any event)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] How to make conventional photography unconventional)