Subject: [Leica] Lens questions
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Fri Mar 4 12:33:55 2005

I am going to part with one of these two lenses in screw-mount

a Leitz Elmar 1: 3,5  f=5cm  (collapsible)
a Leitz Summar f=5cm 1:2 (also collapsible but larger then the elmar)

I have been asked by a gentleman on this list if the elmar was coated - I
fail to see any coatings on the old leica glass but what should I look for -
a faint bluish cast or ???

What can I expect from a M mount Summarit f=5 cm 1 : 1,5 no. 15290xx - is it
very soft or pleasent or??

Thanks

Ruben

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Lens questions)