Subject: [Leica] OT: Contax ceased production of 35mm cameras, digital to follow
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul)
Date: Thu Mar 3 12:45:17 2005

I believe the decline of the US dollar, and the consequent difficulties
caused to every foreign-made product trying to sell in the huge
(especially for Leica) US market, is more to blame than digital
photography. This is no coincidence, rather it is the entire point of
allowing the currency to stay at such a low level for so long.

I would point out that Contax Kyocera are not just getting out of the
film camera market, but the digital camera market too.

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
www.paulhardycarter.com