Subject: [Leica] Multiple bodies
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu Mar 3 08:58:51 2005

> I wondering if those folks interested in using multiple bodies would chime
> in with
>
> Do you have multiple M-bodies?
>
> Do use two or more M-bodies to complement (lens, film, .... ) choice on
> the
> same shoot?
>
> Working from the strap or bag? Do you use them as a primary/backup? Both
> active at once?

I use multiple Leicaflex SL bodies, fortunately the camera is dirt cheap so
I can keep several on hand.  I use them as though they were film backs: I
like to keep 2 bodies loaded with the same film because my subjects don't
take a break while I change film.  Changing bodies is much quicker than
changing film and I have the added benefit of a backup camera in case I drop
one and break it.  I wear a military surplus jacket with pockets big enough
for an SL body, with more pockets for a film pouch and for the 1.4x APO
extender and a custom extension tube back-to-back on one of them double rear
cap things.  One of my cameras has a hand strap, the rest are completely
strapless.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com