Subject: [Leica] More Views of Moore Square - now with link
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Wed Mar 2 22:04:12 2005

Didier wrote:

> Many shots were quite stopped down, I guess? My taste is to have the
> important parts sharp, and the rest as blurred as possible. Thats why I
> think pictures like "Gator" or "Bench nappers" could be nicer shot wide
> open, with a more blurred background.

I certainly experiment with that.

It's not something I'm used to doing, between "f/8 and be there"
upbringing and setting DOF to increase reaction time to quick action.

Also, several of those are done with 21mm so...

Thanks, I need to try thinking different

John W. Heintz wrote

> 'Flowery Throne' is a delight, Ric. And oh those pansies! they started
> blooming every February when I lived in Chapel Hill; now it's barren
> till June!

When were you in Chapel Hill. Spring approaches and makes all those
with Franklin Street in their veins want to migrate. I was there from
67-79.

By the way, I think the guy on the flower bed qualifies as a
professional model -- he hit me up for spare change after the shot

thanks for looking

ric