Subject: [Leica] 50 'Crons: DR/Rigid vs.current formula
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Wed Mar 2 17:14:37 2005

On Mar 2, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Peter Klein wrote:

> I don't have any direct comparisons between the lenses, but it seems
> to me that the current formula 'Cron is better wide open for available
> light shots--crisper.  But for everything else, the DR has a lovely
> quality that I can't quite describe.  I can sense this quality both on
> Tri-X and Kodachrome.

Well, that just about sums up the difference. THe current Cron has more
contrast and bite.
It's also sharper across the entire frame below f4. At f2 it blows the
DR away, but as you said
there is something lovely about the way the DR renders images. My two
favorite 50's
are the DR and Summilux-M, but I also have the current Cron. For some
subjects you
really do want that crisp sharpness.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4