Subject: [Leica] The Gates
From: bdcolen at MIT.EDU (B D Colen)
Date: Wed Mar 2 09:50:00 2005

Okay, we've seen Gates photos ad nauseum over the past three weeks, shot with
every lens Leica ever thought of making, mounted on virtually every body. So
here is what I think may just be the best Gates photo I've seen yet - with
two
caveats: I'm excluding some of the overviews that we've seen in the media;
and
I recognize that knowing what this is requires that one has neither been in a
coma these past three weeks, nor is one blind.

Oh, right...it was shot with a Canon Powershot A20 by an MIT student named
Victoria Fan, a "beginner" in my Documentary Photo class. It was one of the
10
photos in her "Space Ship" assignment.

BTW - Could it benefit from a crop turning it into a tight vertical?
Perhaps. Or
Perhaps not.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album127/VictoriaFan_gatessm

Replies: Reply from brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly) ([Leica] The Gates)