Subject: [Leica] The Gates
From: max_weisenfeld at verizon.net (Max Weisenfeld)
Date: Mon Feb 28 19:30:29 2005

Here are the first pictures from the day the kids and I spent at Christo's
The Gates in Central Park.

We went in on a weekday, and the park was fairly empty.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/image-80432.html

The sky was overcast.  The light was a little hazy.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/image-80480.html

By the time we got to the Belvedere Castle in the middle of the park,
though, the sun broke through.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/image-80441.html

The installation was not like anything I had ever experienced before.  It
was all around you.  It called attention to itself, but it also made you
look at the familiar landscape of the park in a new way.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/image-80436.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/image-80434.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/image-80437.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/image-80431.html

Everyone seemed to have a camera.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/image-80439.html

It made me think about color.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/image-80435.html

We're sad it's gone now.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/max3/image-80481.html

All images scanned from negatives on my new handy-dandy Epson 3170 Photo.
This is my first attempt at scanning color at home, and at using PS -- most
snaps here have some levels and unsharp mask tinkering.

Comments encouraged.

Max

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] The Gates)
Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] The Gates)