Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG hams, was opening bell
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat Feb 26 12:04:24 2005

Oops, hit the send key before writing my message.

Yes, Dick and Gene, I'm The Artist Formerly Known As WA1KTA, now known as
KD7MW.  Got my ticket at age 15, during the winter of 1968-69.  February of
that year was an extremely snowy month even for Mass., and we had two whole
days of school during the entire month of February.  I just sat next to my
nice warm Viking Ranger and worked the world.

Not so active these days due to work schedule, photography, music
composition and general life.

Christmas Island (the one in the Kiribati Republic) is an easy shot from
here when there's good propagation.  Seattle has excellent propagation, the
problem is that it is mostly to areas covered by water.  OTOH, Europe is
via a polar path, so it can be as scarce to us as the Pacific and Asia are
to an East Coaster or Midwesterner.  At least to those of us who use the
proverbial 100 watts to a wet noodle.

I believe even the great Kyle Cassidy was once a ham.  He still is, but in
a different, much cooler way that is not under FCC jurisdiction. . .    :-)

73,
--Peter

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Re: LUG hams, was opening bell)