Subject: [Leica] Re: Latest photos
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 20:37:07 2005

In a message dated 2/24/2005 10:23:59 PM Central Standard Time,
firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au writes:
like both images, but the sky is so "white/bright". This is a common
problem: what do you do when you know the sky is going to be intrusive. In
the first image, would it be stronger, if you cropped down to the curves and
details in the lower left hand 2/3? I suppose Ansel would keep returning
till the sky was magnificent as well, but we fleeting visitors do not have
that luxury. YOu would have seen my images of the Canyon De Chelly where I
cropped tightly along the horizon for this very reason: I don't think that
solutioni was very good either.
Alastair

Thanks for the comments.  I tend to thiink it needs some sky, but will try
the cropping suggestions to see if I can make it better.  Unfortunately this
was
one of the few sunny days while we were there.  Most of the days it was
overcast and gloomy.  Probably an polarizing filter would have helped, but I
do not
have one to fit on the M6 lenses.  You are right that Ansel would have kept
coming back until the sky was just right.  Maybe when I retire in 3 years I
will fly back to Germany and try this again. ;-)  I appreciate the comments.

Gene

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Re: Latest photos)