Subject: [Leica] A Connecticut Leica in Queen Elizabeth's Court (long rant)
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Mon Feb 21 09:44:28 2005

Mark Rabiner writes in part:

> There's the new 1.4 just out from Cosina-so-called-Voigtl?nder-in-the
> fields. The first 40mm 1.4.
> The 40/1.4 Nokton being sold by our Steven Gandy for $349
> http://www.cameraquest.com/voigt4014.htm
> With a 45 dollar really good but not free lens hood and a single
> coatedoption for lovers of a smooth
> look in black and white. No doubt we have our Tom Abrahamson behind that
> if I recall right, (I think he told us over
> breakfast at the LHSA Williamsburg meeting) And they came out with a
> camera to go with it. The Voigtl?nder
> Bessa R3A selling for $559 With a 40 frameline so you don't have to bother
> with shoe mount viewfinders.
> Although I love shoe mount viewfinders. And got my gorgeous 40 from Steven.
> http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtr2ar3a.htm

I picked up one of these in SC from Joseph Yao just before Christmas. Took
it with me on vacation. Wonderful
lens for the price. I was using it with my M2 and guessing the framelines. I
found that this lens provided wonderful images in both B&W and colour and
that I'm a lousy guesser of framelines for a 40mm lens. Subsequently I
ordered the optional viewfinder. It too is very well made - on par with a
modern Leica VF and my compostion has improved quite a bit since.

Regards,

Greg