Subject: [Leica] Re: kapoor sculpture in chicago
From: gcr910 at msn.com (Gregory Rubenstein)
Date: Sat Feb 19 17:57:48 2005

Have heard tales about Segway-riding security people shooing photographers
away from the Kapoor sculpture and other photogenic parts of Millennium Park
in Chicago yet have to experience any of that. My only encounter with
security was a guy who asked: "You looking for a new angle."

"Yeah," I said.

His response: "Good luck. Everybody takes pictures of that shiny thing."

End of discussion. He shook his head and Segway-ed off.

Another Chicago shooter I know who quite likes the park says he travels
light, tries to look like a tourist and has never been bothered. Like me,
he's heard some of these tales, but has yet to be run off or cautioned. As a
footnote, neither of us are unobtrusive -- I'm six-foot plus and he tops me
by several inches.

Keep shooting. Good luck with security.

Greg Rubenstein