Subject: [Leica] bad news and good news about the R-D1
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Fri Feb 18 18:43:20 2005

As you may recall, I sent the R-D1 in for repair since the battery gauge
does not move beyond the middle position. I know all if not most people who
sent in their cameras in for repair got a new camera, but since most of the
reported problems are with the rangefinder, the Epson customer support
person thought that with a gauge problem, they should be able to fix it.

The bad news is that they did send me a new camera. This doesn't bode well
since when the warranty expires, this means that most likely we will have
to rely on 3rd party to fix anything. Someone just reported on the
photo.net site that DAG did fix his camera's rangefinder problem but this
is disturbing in that sense.

Oh well, I guess just have to take lots of pictures before warranty expires
:-)

The good news is that now I have 3 batteries and they are very difficult to
get a hold of :-). Also, the serial # of the new camera is one of those
extremely lucky number in Chinese numerology!

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] bad news and good news about the R-D1)