Subject: [Leica] Which ones to submit for a show?
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Mon Feb 14 11:55:38 2005

 From: "Aaron Sandler" <aaron.sandler@duke.edu>

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm planning to submit work for possible inclusion in a small local juried
> photography exhibition, and would appreciate opinions on which 1-3 photos
> to submit.
>
> The guidelines are very loose: Up to 3 photos on the theme "BLUE"
> (interpreted any way you'd like).
>
> The contenders are 3 B&W shots that are related to blue and 1 very
> obviously blue color shot from this week's PAW:
>
> 1) http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_45/images/main.jpg
> 2) http://www.duke.edu/~ahh2/Europe2004/images/tt09_it2_34a00110017.jpg
> 3) http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_07/images/main.jpg
> 4) http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_07/images/2005_02_13_main.jpg
>
> Any thoughts?
-----------

Hi Aaron,

1) for its' luminosity. Vibrant!
2) for its' tranquillity. Soothing.

3) is a great shot but the 'blue' relevance escapes me.
4) doesn't appeal to me. It certainly fulfils the 'blue' requirement but the
strained postures and the shadowed figures shielding the lit figures make it
cluttered imo.

For the third shot I would use:
http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_07/images/2005_02_11_alt.jpg

In fact I would try to shoehorn this shot into any and all categories in any
and all competitions. I think it is inspired. Absolutely brilliant!

--Graham