Subject: [Leica] Homage to Barcelona.....new shots
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Fri Feb 11 03:51:54 2005

Philippe wrote:

>I definitely like these ones:
>http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/barcelona2.html
>http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/barcelona9.html
>
>I was just wondering if it would be possible to get the blue cast out of
>barcelona 2, or even try B&W for it.

I tried everything in PS to get rid of that cast, but couldn't do so
without making the pic look weird colourwise. I think there must have
been a lot of UV about - and ironically I always have UV filters on
my glass. This time they obviously couldn't cope.

There's the same blue cast in the shot of the dancing from above, or
maybe it's a characteristic of the film (Fujicolor 200) in high
contrast situations.

I'll try the bass player in b/w as you suggest - it's a strong shot
which really doesn't need the colour.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best

Alex