Subject: [Leica] what's up with Panaleica??
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Feb 10 09:00:46 2005

John

As most young digicam customers do not know Leica and Zeiss, it makes no
sense for Panasonic and Sony to brand the cheaper consumer models with
those tradional names.

Anyway, it's not a "Leica-lens". It's a "Leica-branded-Panasonic-lens".

And as Panasonic is joining the four thirds standard of Olympus, see
http://tinyurl.com/6kmuv, and Leica will certainly not follow this step, it
is rather uncertain if the relationsship between L and P will stay. Not a
relevant question for P, but very relevant for L...

Didier

Replies: Reply from michael at hintlian.com (Michael Hintlian) ([Leica] ICA/Boston...slides and talk by Michael Hintlian)