Subject: [Leica] Translation help wanted
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Feb 9 01:53:32 2005

Gerry

AFAIK there is no particular german term for "stock", we use the english
word for it: "Stock Fotografie". Note that in german we do not use the "Ph"
as "F" anymore.

See
http://www.fotosearch.de/
http://www.premium.de/

Let's make a try:

"Freiberuflicher Stock Fotograf"

This would be the correct translation; but it sounds a bit odd, but it
works. I guess many people will not know what ist is (at least those who
are not into photography).

Maybe some other german speaking LUGgers have a better proposition?

In french it's the same with "Stock", haven't found any particular french
term for it. So it would be:

"Photographe de Stock ind?pendant"

Note the accent "egu" on the first "e" of independant, thats a little slash
that goes from down left to up right. If it's used as a title, Photographe
and Stock begin with a capital, otherwise not; same rule as in english. If
it's all written in capitals, no accents are needed.

Hallo les amis, est-ce que quelqu'un a une meilleure proposition pour Gerry?

Hope it helps
Didier

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Translation help wanted)