Subject: [Leica] my PAW 5
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sun Feb 6 14:49:18 2005

Hi all,

This week 3 pictures from last weekend, when I visited some friends in
Angoul?me, France.

It has become a tradition to pay them a visit each january, when the Annual
Comic Books Festival (Festival international de la BD d' Angoul?me) is held.
This year, the festival itself wasn't very interesting (or it may be that
after all these years we get a bit too much used to it), but one of the
other things we traditionally do is to go and have a tasting at Monsieur
Marais', a wine paisant in the Charente, just beneath Bordeaux.

La Charente is an underpopulated region, where most of the youngsters leave
for the big cities, because there isn't much to do. The elder make wine and
Pineau des Charentes (for which they are famous), and they also tend to
combine about any possible fruit with alcohol. They then "champaignise" it.
It's called "pineau, punch, fraises, ..." champagnis?.

Wk5 shows a friend of mine explaining something after his 5th glass of
champagnis?:
http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/slides/Wk5.html

Wk5alt1 shows the inviting couple walking in Angoul?me, just before we took
off for Mr. Marais:
http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/slides/Wk5alt1.html

Wk5alt2 shows Mr. Marais tasting the fruits of his own labour:
http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/slides/Wk5alt2.html

BTW, les champagnis?s are highly recommended as an ap?ritif in the hotter
days of the year. :-)

As always, your comments are very welcome.

Cheers and happy snappin'
Philippe

Replies: Reply from lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann) ([Leica] my PAW 5)