Subject: [Leica] Re: craft project and a cookie
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Feb 6 04:17:15 2005

Ted:

>Picture 1: Good camera eyeline level and could've been a keeper accept for,
>back ground lady and paper on wall coming out of your daughter's head.
>Positive part is shallow depth due to the aperture. Too bad you didn't stay
>on the other side of the table or changed your angle to the left and get
>the
>lady out of the way. Or waited a moment for her to move.

I plead guilty.  I didn't have much of a choice for my location, but I sure
could have waited for the background lady to clear out.  If I'm being
honest...  I...uhm...err...didn't see her when I took the picture.  I was
too intent on getting the expression I wanted and the position of the
paintbrush to pay attention to what was going on in the background.  :)  And
I could have lowered my angle to hide the paper behind my daughter's head.

>Picture 3: Interesting because if you look carefully at your daughter's
>eyes
>it appears she's observing the boy on her left with peripheral vision as
>though waiting to see what he's going to do. Or did.

It's funny that you noticed that.  She was indeed watching him.  She had
just set the glue down temporarily, and he came along to swipe it without so
much as asking if she were done with it.  This was the 2nd time he did that,
so she was wary.  :)  But I also agree that it's not one of the better ones.

>Not sure if this meets with your vision, but I see picture 2 with major
>cropping. Picture 5 with slight crop and picture 7 as the clincher for a 3
>picture combo.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your expertise, Ted.  I like the
cropped versions much better.

http://canid.com/current/first_night_2004_2.html

http://canid.com/current/first_night_2004_5.html

http://canid.com/current/fingernails.html