Subject: [Leica] 75 'cron
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sat Feb 5 16:03:37 2005

On Feb 5, 2005, at 12:26 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> Given that there's already an excellent 2.5/105 - and why does that
> sound so familiar? :-) - does it make sense for Leica to  be putting
> the
> effort and investment there?

That 105 I think you are referring to is really good, but gets it's
clock cleaned by most
Leica 90's, and almost with certainty by the new 75. It's also not the
size of a 50 Summilux
and you simply can't walk into a store and buy one. Besides 105 x 1.37
is a 143.85.
;-)

That said, yes, I hope Leica isn't taking money away from developing
the digital
M for a 75, unless they are really making it with digital in mind.

Which makes me wonder how we are going to handle framelines down the
road
with the multiplication factor etc. With an SLR it's a lot simpler.
What you see is what
you get...

feli