Subject: [Leica] PAW 5
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Thu Feb 3 17:57:15 2005

In a message dated 2/3/2005 10:30:24 AM Central Standard Time,
aaron.sandler@duke.edu writes:
But then I wondered if a different conversion to B&W might help, so I tried
a few...I hope you don't mind me playing with your photo like this.  At the
link below is:

1) your original color image
2) your original b&w version
3) #2, converted to grey to remove the sepia tone (to allow comparison of
tones with #s 4, 5, and 6)

Then my conversions:
4) 100% red channel (=red filter)
5) 100% green channel (=green filter)
6) 100% blue channel (=blue filter)

http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/Temp/tina_dancingkids_test/

Don't know if that'll change anyone's mind, but I think it's interesting to
compare the extremes of filtrations...I find it gives me a quick sense of
what the possibilities are.

Best,
Aaron

Aaron

I think I like the Blue channel conversion the best, pretty close to Tina's
original B&W, but I think just the right amount of contrast and snap.

Gene