Subject: [Leica] displaying images
From: drodgers7798 at comcast.net (drodgers7798@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 2 13:53:48 2005

Daniel,

Thanks for the feedback. The only drawback is that it requires flash player.
Don't know if that's a bad thing. There's certainly a lot of flash content
out there.

I switched over from IE to Firefox as my browser a while back. That took
care of annoying pop-ups. But I had a difficult time getting Flash files to
display with Firefox. (Flash files kept trying to load into Quicktime). I
fixed some mime settings and now all is well.   I'm not anti-Microsoft. But
I sure like Firefox more than IE.

I wish things were simpler. But I don't miss the days  of surfing on a Wyse
50 terminal using gopher. It's just hard to know which direction things are
going.

My goal regarding the web is not just display static  images, but to be able
to tell a more complete story using stills and text in a slide show format.

Dave