Subject: [Leica] My attitude about Colo(u)r
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 2 08:26:07 2005

In a message dated 2/2/2005 10:02:10 A.M. Central Standard Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

>>Certainly pointing this out in a pleasant, constructive manner  is
>>preferable to jumping on someone's head ;-), but not pointing it  out
>>doesn't do anyone any favors..

Part of my earlier  point was that he commented in the first  posting that
what attracted him  was the color; I concluded he meant it  to look that
way,
and that the capture was significant to him in other ways  than color
balance.
Personally I usually take a different tack,  especially since I have
acquired
skills with PhotoShop.

Since there is no standard that can make our appreciation and judgement  the
same as one another regarding color, I don't comment on it in  someone's
work.

BD continues:
>>>.unless, of course, the idea of posting
>>photos  here is to post them with the expectation that we will  always
>>receive universal and resounding praise. And maybe that is  the idea. :-)

I like it when I get praise, and I'm disappointed when someone pans my  pix,
especially when they don't say why.  I've got to tell you that this  picture
got such mixed reviews it would make your head spin.

_http://www.sonc.com/man_at_festival.htm_
(http://www.sonc.com/man_at_festival.htm)

It too was shot on daylight film, under tungsten light; some people
responded that it was the best picture they ever saw from me, and a couple
said it
was the worst POS I could have posted.

Go figure.  I still like the shot of the guy in the Paris  cafe.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana