Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 122
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Tue Feb 1 19:14:04 2005

At 12:55 PM 2/1/2005 -0600, you wrote:
> > Dear LUG,
> >   Attached is PAW 4 - 2005.  This was shot at the Cafe Amelie, in
> > Paris.  This man was eating his lunch and reading.  I was struck with
> > the colors.  I hope someone enjoys.  Comments appreciated.
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/Lee-Hermann-album/at_lunch
>
>I can't help asking - what colors were you struck by? The colors your eyes
>saw in the scene or the extreme distortion of color that you chose to show
>on screen?
>
>I'm constantly amazed by folks who post color images which have absolutely
>no relationship to what their eyes see. I'm not a purist about the point.
>I'm open to radical color if done with some intentionality or on purpose.
>But I don't understand taking 5000K daylight film into 2800K situations
>and not taking care of the difference when we've got the software to deal
>with it. Did you intend to have such an off-color effect?
>
>I've taken the liberty to adjust your color and posted it here
><http://www.imagist.com/colors/> while certainly still not perfect, I have
>to assume it more closely relates to what you saw.
>
>Fond regards,
>
>G e o r g e   L o t t e r m o s e r,    imagist?

Thanks for your "corrections" and comments, to me the yellow color is not
all that bad, if I knew how to use Photo shop I could have corrected
it.  Perhaps Van Gogh should have corrected the colors of his bed room or
perhaps the cafe at night painting too.  I do appreciate your comments,
thank you.
Lee