Subject: [Leica] re: (whew)
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 1 12:36:19 2005

In a message dated 2/1/2005 2:21:03 P.M. Central Standard Time,
george@imagist.com writes:

>>Hi Sonny, I also shoot what ever film (or card) is in the  camera if the
shutter release asks >>to be pushed. OK so now we've  preserved the moment.
Then
we process the film or the >>digital data.  Don't we have to ask for a
second
time, now what do I want to say with this  >image? Will I print (or
digitally
process it) as contrasty? Or soft? Do I  want color accuracy? >>Or do I want
some other color effect? If all we're  doing is grabbing images and taking
>>whatever the film or card hands us -  it seems we're missing the chance to
reach for our >>best in photography.  When Graham reaches for his green, red
or no
filters, he's thinking  >>about the end product on screen (as he doesn't
print). Isn't the the  point of photography >>and this list to help one
another
improve our  product to achieve our intentions? Especially >>when it's all
so
available  in our current technology.

Then why didn't you say that instead of  :

>>"I'm constantly amazed by folks who post color images which  have
absolutely no >>relationship to what their eyes see. I'm not a purist  about
the point.
I'm open to radical >>color if done with some  intentionality or on purpose.
But I don't understand taking 5000K  >>daylight film into 2800K situations
and
not taking care of the  difference when we've got the >software to deal with
it. Did you intend to  have such an off-color effect?"

Sounds like berating to me.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com