Subject: [Leica] enlarging lens serial number
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Mon Jan 31 22:34:23 2005

On Jan 31, 2005, at 10:26 PM, brad daly wrote:

> okay, so i'm right.  why then am i thinking that bayonet lenses
> weren't developed by leica until the 50s?
>
> wow, a 56 year old lens.  impressive.
>
> --brad

Bayonet Leica lenses didn't show up until the introduction of the M3 in
1954.
Before that Leicas used the Leica Thread Mount (LTM or Screwmount).

There are LTM lenses currently in use that date back to around 1930,
when Leica
standardized the mount and the lenses became truly interchangeable. You
can mount LTM lenses on any M with a LTM to M adapter with full
rangefinder
coupling.

I have a few pre WWII lenses (Summar, Summitar, Elmar) that work like a
charm.
Beautiful stuff.
;-)

feli