Subject: [Leica] Leica glass and shadow detail
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 09:40:53 2005

In a message dated 1/28/2005 1:10:38 PM Central Standard Time,
contaxaholic@yahoo.com writes:
Was in Helix (Chicago, Illinois) and the salesman showed me some Leica
binoculars and he went on and on about the fact that Leica uses special
ingredients
in the lens formula so that more shadow detail is picked up. He intimated
that
it's the same with their 35mm camera lenses.

Is this really true, or was the salesman stretching the truth?

Well, I don't know about special glass or anything, but I have had a pair of
the Leica 10x42 Ultras for years and their performance is second to none.
They are great viewing and just the right amount of contrast and low light
capabilities.  The current genreation is even better.  The dealer in Dallas,
where I
got mine used to sell Zeiss binoculars and stopped selling them due to
customer complaints of quality and reliability.  His opinion was that Leica
had the
best on the market with Swarovski as the next best.  I would buy another set
without thinking twice.

Gene

Replies: Reply from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Leica glass and shadow detail)
Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] Leica glass and shadow detail)