Subject: [Leica] Need advice on best electrical converter/adapter for Europe
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 19:53:43 2005

In a message dated 1/26/2005 5:03:18 PM Central Standard Time,
Thinkofcole@aol.com writes:
Anyone who has charged camera batteries in Europe know how to advise  this
post on craigslist in San Francisco?

____________________________________
Reply to: _anon-57164183@craigslist.org_
(mailto:anon-57164183@craigslist.org?subject=Need%20advice%20on%20best%20elect
rical%20converter/adapter%20for%20Eu
rope%20)
Date:  2005-01-26, 8:45AM PST

I have a young niece who will be in Europe for  several weeks this spring
with members from her class. She has worked very hard  to pay her own way,
and
wants to bring a digital camera along to take pictures.  The batteries will
need
to be recharged periodically. I know electrical power is  different in
Europe, so I wanted to get her a converter/adapter. In reading  postings
from
photographers, however, there seems to be a problem with
converters/adapters
and
using battery rechargers for cameras. Apparently they  blow out or do damage
converter/adapter units. I need to understand why, as  well as what kind of
converter/adapter 'package' would prevent that problem.  Thank you.

If it is a new camera and charger, say from the last 2 years or so, it
probably will run on 50 to 60 cycle power, they use 50 cycle.  If so, and
you can
check by reading the power requirements on the charger, all they need is a
adapter plug/kit which you can get from any Radio Shack.  I recharged my DVD
player
batteries over there with no problems at all.

Gene