Subject: [Leica] PAW4
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sun Jan 23 11:22:41 2005

This weeks paw shows some shots I made during the making of a commercial of
one of our clients. Making a commercial is most of the time waiting for
things to be prep'd for the next shot.:

http://users.pandora.be/philippe.orlent/index.html

Wk4 shows the main actress, very early in the morning,  waiting in between
lens changes. In this scene she arrives in the hall of her ppartment, ready
to take an elevator. In frame you also see the 2nd camera assistant, who
just finished measuring the distance from camera;

Wk4alt1 shows the DOP at the end of the long day. He's one of the better
DOP's I've worked with until now;

Wk4alt2 shows the director checking a frame with a stand-in. On set, it's
often hard to communicate with the director, even if what he's shooting is
not his but your invention. It's always a matter of making him believe that
he makes the decisions, and meanwhile getting things done the way you want
it.

All made with my 4M-2, Afga Scala pushed to 400ASA, "wide" open at 1/30 to
1/60th. Still learning to interpret my spotmeter.

Comments, suggestions, critiques welcomed.

Cheers and happy snappin'
Philippe