Subject: [Leica] Leica MP 0.58x - I think I'm being had.....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 22 13:27:50 2005

On 1/22/05 12:57 PM, "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
typed:

> Gents, et al.,
>
> Never have I heard such moaning...
>
> My consulting contact at Solms will confirm Seth's assertion at the
> earliest opportunity. Until then...

If Herr Cohen's big thing was to slow down the assembly line to a crawl so
the costumers can get extra pickles and hold the cheese but charge three
times more money to do so then no wonder they fired him because of course no
one is going to go for it. The assembly line will slow to a stop.

It's already been severely hinted that the prices on the Configurator on the
"a la carte" thing won't be the pricing that will be in place once the thing
starts really rolling and the various suppliers are set up to handle it.
That introduces the whole competition thing. Which tends to make things more
interesting from the buyers point of view.

You get to pick your supplier!
"I want a camera store with a big green shiny front door and through the
floor cut throat pricing!"

They already have a thing where you click on something to pick your
supplier. It's only a short matter of time when the suppliers have their
various prices announced for various basic configurations so you have some
clue as to where to go and how much your configuration might cost.
Where to go for the best "deal".

And it's NOT going to be four and a half grand.
But it may be a grand more than when you have to pick the pickles off
yourself.

One by one.

Beats picking them out of your teeth!

Me I never buy off the rack.